Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Minty Refreshing Thirst Quencher

 My culinary impulse made me try something that my husband totally dislikes! 

"Mint" is something that stays in the 'far far away land' as far as his diet is concerned. The flavour is unbearable to him; in simple words he detests anything minty. Knowing the cleansing property of this herb, I decided to make a nice refreshing cooler and see the drama. The colour of the drink is not too appetizing though 'par health ke liye sala kuch bhi karega'.

I have grown mint in my small kitchen garden (another interest that keeps me busy) so I had to put it to use. This drink is very easy to make and for mint lovers this will sooth your soul...trust me when I say this.

Ingredients:

1 cup mint leaves 
4-5 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp black salt
1 tsp cumin powder
3-4 tsp lemon juice


Remove the mint leaves from the stems. Rinse in water properly. Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend to a smooth paste. Strain the whole mixture. Take ¼ th amount of the strained mint juice. Add ¾ th amount of water. Stir well.
Add crushed ice and serve chilled.

This drink completely rejuvenates you and I have heard from experts that it can be a good detoxifying drink (minus sugar).

 Served to 'the husband' early morning - the colour of the drink made him cringe but he had to drink it (since I made it for him ;-)) and then he said those two magical words - 'Not bad'...and he left for office.

No comments:

Post a Comment