Eggy breakfast with a sizeable portion of non veg, is always a treat to my husband. But what the hey, how do I manage to make it healthy?
This quick breakfast option was quiet a hit in terms of presentation and taste. It almost looked like a mini pepperoni pizza (hubby's fav)!
Got this idea from my mum-in-law (mom), when I saw her making an omlette for dad-in-law (dad). I saw her throwing some mushrooms, capsicum and what not into the omlette. I got my answer when I heard dad's reaction after he had his breakfast that day.
Mom has an unusual way of cooking. She doesn't go by the book, instead she uses ingredients (whatever is available in her kitchen) and makes her own creation which results into a mouth watering dish. In short she is a ‘smart cook’!
With so many experts around me, guess I should have opened a restaurant! Well may be some time in future.
Coming back to omlette, I took two eggs, some milk, salt, pepper to taste, oregano, spring onions, capsicum (red & green), green chilies, chicken sausage, tomatoes. Beat the eggs and pour two tsp milk into the mixture, some salt and pepper as per your taste, beat it well to make the omlette fluffy. Chop all veges (mentioned above) and put it aside. Cut the sausages into small pieces. Spray some oil into the pan, put spring onions (inc the greens), chilies - cook it for some time, add the sausages, fry it for 2 mins and keep this aside. In another pan spray some oil and pour the beaten eggs, add the sausage filling, tomatoes and capsicum as toppings, sprinkle some oregano on them. You will see a nice colorful omelette which will be ready in a jiffy. Cover the pan and let it cook in low flame for sometime. Serve it hot with tomato sauce and butter crisp breads.
**Conditions Apply: All the dishes that I cook need not necessarily be edible. I am not responsible for any consequences after you try out these dishes.
**Conditions Apply: All the dishes that I cook need not necessarily be edible. I am not responsible for any consequences after you try out these dishes.

No comments:
Post a Comment