Thursday, March 28, 2013

Shake it and Make it!



Yes,your guess is correct! I am talking about the famous famous cold coffee. Possibly the easiest drink to make and enjoy on a hot hot day. Refreshing as it sounds this drink has been an absolute favorite in our house. My husband likes it rich, sweet, non diluted and a good blend of coffee & milk (neither too strong nor too light - just the right mix) and often chooses the most heaviest cold coffee while ordering from a cafe with loads of cream, chocolate sauce and what not!

Well I am sure I cannot match the CC Day or a Barista cold coffee, but I tried to make it as per his taste and since I made it at home I tried to make it less in calories. Like any regular cold coffee I took a glass of chilled  (double toned) milk, some sugar (optimum qty), coffee in a mixer/shaker to blend but to add a twist in the flavour I added a scoop of butterscotch ice cream and some Bournvita to give it a rich mocha and creamy taste to the regular iced coffee. Also the quantity of coffee was a little more than usual. I usually do not blend ice with the mixture, instead I keep my glass of milk in the freezer for 10 mins before preparing it. It gives a nice frothy feel to the coffee. I laced the glass with some hot chocolate sauce (instead of pouring it as a topping) and then poured the mixture into a tall slim glass or a beer glass and add another scoop of BS ice cream. If you still want the coffee to taste yummier, keep the glass in the freezer for 5 mins. Enjoy frothy creamy rich iced coffee with breakfast or with evening snack.

This blog will be incomplete if I don't mention my mum's cold coffee. She makes the best cold coffee ever!!! I still haven't figured out how she makes it so yummy.   

**Conditions Apply: All the drinks that I make need not necessarily be the 'world's best'. I am not responsible for any consequences after you try this out ;-)
`

No comments:

Post a Comment