Navratras are on. Time to go vegan.
Our weekends filled with emptiness as we keep craving to have something else
other than regular dal-sabzi-roti. This time I experimented with veges and
decided to add some interesting recipes to escape our mundane meals.
I started with this very unusual
vegetable which was never a part of our diet : Pumpkin. High on nutritional
value, this vegetable is royally ignored when it is cooked in sabzi form. I
remember having this incredibly divine soup in Argentina that I can
never forget. It was the tastiest soup "ever". I remember the silky
texture and for the very first time I liked a creamy soup that was sweet!
So that was it... I tried to make
Pumpkin soup and it’s unbelievable that I am saying this – My husband gave a
nod to this recipe! One way of feeding this to your family is to just avoid
using the name pumpkin and they will hardly come to know about it.
Ingredients:
1kg
pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, chopped into chunks
4 tsp
olive oil
2
onions finely chopped
700 ml
vegetable stock
2 tsp
Fresh cream
Salt
and pepper to taste
1 tsp Ginger juice
1 tsp Ginger juice
Mint
leaves
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan,
then gently cook 2 finely chopped
onions for 5 mins, until soft but not coloured. Add 1kg peeled, deseeded and chopped pumpkin to
the pan, then carry on cooking for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally until it
starts to soften and turn golden. Pour 700ml vegetable stock into the
pan, then season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10
mins until the squash is very soft. Pour 2 tsp cream into the pan, bring back
to the boil, then purée with a hand blender. For an extra-velvety consistency
push the soup through a fine sieve into another pan. Add ginger juice and stir it well.
Garnish
with mint leaves and serve hot.
**Conditions Apply: All the dishes that I cook need not necessarily be edible. I am not responsible for any consequences after you try out these dishes.

No comments:
Post a Comment